Media Literacy

What Is Media Literacy

Media literacy is a communication skill that is related to the changing nature of information in our community. This includes the ability to both read and write. Media literacy is recognizing and comprehending data to the higher level of critical thinking skills.

Why is it important for you as FCM students to have Media Literacy?

As a student I need many information and useful data to guide me throughout my studies. I need to know where to find the information, verify the information whether the information is valid and relevant to my studies. I have to cite the information after I have validated it. This is the basic of media literacy.

In the field of studies that I have myself engage in deals a lot with extensive usage of multimedia, it is important for me to know how to interact with media. By having media literacy I can easily recognizes the function of interactive media activity. I can also make independent judgement about the information that I receive on the internet. Wide knowledge of media literacy can help me to define function of interactive media and turning it out of boredom or habit into more substantial usage.

Personal Reflection on Media Culture Class

Media culture class has provided me with more useful media element from week to week, it is easier for me to proceed with my blog after attending the class.

0 comments: